Terms and Conditions
- "You / Your" means anyone using the Caterads.com web site to either advertise a job vacancy, display a banner advertisement, to search for a job vacancy or for any other reason.
- "Us / We / Our" means Caterads.com (Caterads)
- "Employer" is a company directly employing staff in the catering industry
- "Recruiter" is a company involved in the recruitment of staff for businesses in the hospitality and catering industry. Recruiters may charge a fee for introducing a candidate to an employer.
- "Candidate" is an individual who uses the Caterads.com web site to look for a suitable job vacancy.
- "Advertiser" - is a company who pays Caterads.com to show a Job Advert or Banner Advert on the Caterads.com web site.
- "Job Advert" is a job vacancy that is placed on the Caterads.com web site by either an employer or a recruiter.
- "Bump" is a process where you can pay an additional fee to move your Job Advert back to the top of the current day’s listing to gain more exposure.
- "7 Day Premium Upgrade" is where you can pay an additional fee to have your Job Advert shown at the top of the relevant Job Adverts page for a period of 7 days in order to gain maximum exposure.
- "Banner Advert" is a display advertisement which will be shown on the Caterads.com web site for 28 days when paid for by an Advertiser.
"Fees" is the money paid to Caterads.com by either Employers, Recruiters or Advertisers for displaying their Job Advert or Banner Advert on the Caterads.com web site.
These Terms constitute a binding agreement between You and Caterads.com, and are deemed accepted by You each time that You use or access the Caterads.com web site. If You do not accept the Terms stated here, do not use the Caterads.com web site.
To use the Caterads.com web site you must be 16 years old or more and agree to provide true and accurate information. If you are using this web site on behalf of an Employer, Recruiter or Advertiser, you agree that you have permission to do so.
You represent, warrant and undertake that You comply with, and shall continue to comply with, all laws and regulations as may be applicable to them when posting job advertisements on Caterads.com and comply with, and shall continue to comply all applicable Data Protection laws and regulations including but not limited to the EU Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC, The Data Protection Act 1998, The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 and any other applicable data protection legislation.
Caterads.com is a job board and Job Advertisers and Candidates should be aware that we do not act as a Recruitment Agency. All job application transactions take place directly between Candidate and Job Advertiser. It is the Job Advertiser's responsibility to ensure that Candidates who apply to job vacancies that You have placed on the Caterads.com web site are suitable for the post advertised and are legally allowed to work for You or for your client. Any references that You require cannot be obtained through Caterads.com
Candidates should be aware that we do not check the validity of job adverts posted on the Caterads.com web site and You should check to ensure that any job advert You apply for is suitable for your requirements.
E-mail addresses of both Advertisers and Candidates will be stored by Us and used for our own marketing purposes only. You agree that e-mail addresses submitted by You in response to our competition are submitted with the owner's permission and that they are happy to receive marketing e-mails from Us. There will be a clear Unsubscribe link on all of our marketing e-mails. We reserve the right to withdraw the competition at any time.
Caterads.com may revise these Terms at any time by posting an updated version to this web page. You should visit this page periodically to review the most current Terms because they are binding on You.
Breach of any terms herein by advertisers may result in related adverts being removed from display without notice and/ or your account being suspended.
3. Job Adverts
A job advert must:
- Be for a single job only; meaning that you cannot use the job posting facility to advertise multiple jobs contained within one job advert.
- Represent genuinely live and current vacancies; meaning that fake, misleading, unavailable or otherwise incorrect advertisements are not permitted.
- Contain relevant information; meaning that you should not post job adverts containing unrelated key words or names of towns or cities unrelated to the job vacancy.
- Not contain advertisements for any products or services.
- Not be for any pyramid scheme, multi level marketing opportunity, franchise or agency agreement.
- Not advertise sexual services or seek Candidates for jobs of a sexual nature.
- Not discriminate against any person on sexual, religious, ethnic, disability, or age grounds except where permissible by law.
- Be for employment of persons over 16 years of age.
- Be placed for 28 days. If a job vacancy has been filled before the expiry of 28 days, You can remove it from view by logging in to the web site and taking it offline.
- A Job Advert can be “Bumped” at any time during the 28 day period that it is shown on the Caterads.com web site.
- A Job Advert can be upgraded to a “7 Day Premium Listing” at any time during the 28 day period that it is shown on the Caterads.com web site. If You wish to upgrade your Job Advert to a 7 Day Premium Listing within the final 7 days of the Job Advert’s lifetime, You will only be able to give it a Premium Listing until the 28 day listing period expires. There will be no fee reduction for this.
- Notwithstanding Caterads.com's acceptance of a Job Advert or Banner Advert, We may remove or refuse to publish or link to any material which in its sole discretion is considered defamatory, misleading, abusive, unlawful, inappropriate or otherwise in breach of these Terms, promotes competitive services to those provided by Caterads.com or does not comply with Our technical requirements.
Caterads.com shall be entitled to immediately terminate Job Adverts or Banner Adverts and remove any advertisements from our web site without notice in the event we deem, in our sole discretion, that we are likely to incur liability as a result of any act or omission or breach of these Terms by You. If Caterads.com terminates a Job Advert or Banner Advert pursuant to these Terms any monies then already paid to Caterads.com shall be non refundable.
4. Banner Adverts
- Must be in PNG, GIF or JPEG format.
- Must be either Standard Industry Skyscraper (120px wide X 600px high) or Wide Skyscraper (160px wide X 600px high). If you wish your Banner Adverts to look good on high res retina devices you may supply double sized artwork i.e. 240 x 1200 or 320 x 1200. All Baner adverts will be displayed on the site as Standard Industry Skyscraper (120px wide X 600px high) or Wide Skyscraper (160px wide X 600px high).
- Must not advertise any of points 3.4 – 3.7 above (Job Adverts).
- Will show on the right side of the Caterads.com web site.
- Will show for 28 days.
- If you wish to display a Banner Advert in a section that already has a Banner Advert displayed, you may pre purchase the space and when the other Banner Advert has expired, your Banner Advert will replace it in the location you requested.
- The Caterads.com web site is designed to work with a minimum screen resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels. It is possible that Banner Adverts may not be visible on screens with a resolution below this level.
- Acceptability: We reserve the right to remove Banner Adverts that we deem to be unacceptable from the Caterads.com web site. Examples of unacceptable Banner Adverts include (but are not limited to) Banner Adverts promoting sexual services, gambling, pornography, direct competitors of Caterads.com, and “Spam” adverts. These adverts will be removed from the Caterads.com web site without notice and no refund will be given. If you believe that your Banner Advert may fall into an unacceptable category, we advise you to contact us before placing the Banner Advert to discuss. Banner Advert art work design must be of a reasonably fitting professional standard for publication; if We deem an Advert not to be designed to a reasonable standard We reserve the right to remove the Advert under which circumstances a full refund may or may not be considered.
Caterads.com accept no responsibility for the accuracy, content or relevancy of Banner Adverts placed on the web site although as mentioned above, we make very effort to ensure that Banner Adverts falls within our guidelines.
5. Job Applications
Job applications from candidates received via the Caterads.com web site are received by the advertiser entirely at their own risk. Caterads.com accepts no responsibility for any damage, harm, viruses or other malware that may be passed to the advertiser via any files or e-mails attached to the job application. No candidate files of any kind are held on the Caterads.com server.
When You apply for a position via the Caterads.com web site, your selection will automatically trigger a weekly job alert to advise you of similar jobs that have been posted. You are able to change the frequency or cancel these alerts at any time.
Job Adverts and Banner Adverts placed on the Caterads.com web site must not breach copyright. You must ensure that You have permission to use logos, photographic material, wording and any other material in your Job or Banner Advert. Caterads.com will not accept any responsibility for infringement of copyright laws resulting from material used by You when posting a Job or Banner Advert.
You grant to Caterads.com a non-exclusive, royalty-free, world-wide licence to use, reproduce and display Your Company logo, content, code and material provided by or on behalf of You ("Company Materials") on Caterads.com and in any Caterads.com marketing materials in the form provided by You, save for any formatting changes necessary for display on Caterads.com or other agreed changes.
Fees are due when You place a Job or Banner Advert on the Caterads.com web site or wish to Bump or give your Job Advert a 7 Day Premium Listing or buy Credits. A full list of fees can be seen by visiting the Pricing, Job Adverts or Banner Adverts pages on the web site. All fees exclude VAT at the current rate.
When You place a Job or Banner Advert or Bump/Make Premium your Job Advert, You will go through the online checkout process where You may pay by credit or debit card or by using your PayPal account if You have one.
Caterads.com does not charge Candidates fees of any kind.
8. Free Posting Period
Free Job Advert Credits taken during the Free Posting Period will only last until the end of the Free Posting Period when any unused credits will be removed from your account.
Advertisers are only permitted to place one Job Advert per vacancy during the Free Posting Period. Multiple Job Adverts for the same vacancy will be removed from the site without notice.
9. Refund Policy
Job Adverts or Banner Adverts can be edited at any time within 28 days of being placed on the Caterads.com web site (with the exception of changing the location or category that the Job or Banner Advert resides). Once payment has been made for an advert and it is live on the Caterads.com web site, no refunds will be considered should you wish to remove the advert before the expiration of 28 days or for any other reason.
We make every effort to ensure that the Caterads.com web site will be online at all times, however we do not guarantee availability and We shall not be liable if for any reason the Caterads.com web site is unavailable at any time or for any period (whether due to system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond Our control).
We follow industry standards in terms of server security but cannot guarantee that our servers are free of viruses, other harmful mechanisms or against breaches by hackers.
We will make every effort to ensure that Adverts do not contain offensive content by removing those that we believe are inappropriate. However, we will accept no responsibility for any offence caused by adverts posted on the site.
We do not take responsible for the accuracy of Adverts placed on the site and as such, accept no liability for any alleged breaches of contract arising from such.
You agree that in no circumstances will You hold Us liable or responsible for any kind of loss or damage that may result to You or a third party (including but not limited to any direct, indirect, punitive or consequential losses or damages or any lost income, profits, contracts, business opportunities, goodwill, employment opportunities or losses or damages arising from or connected in any way to business interruption and whether in tort (including but not limited to negligence), contract or otherwise) in connection with the Caterads.com web site in any way or in connection with the use, inability to use or the results of use of the web site, any web sites linked to the Caterads.com web site or the material on such websites (including but not limited to Adverts not displaying, Adverts not displaying correctly, breaches of security, technical errors, loss or damage due to viruses that may infect Your computer equipment or software, data loss or human error).
11. Uploaded Artwork
Should you upload artwork to Caterads.com (for example your company logo), we reserve the right to remove the artwork should we deem it to be unacceptable for publication on our web site.
You agree to fully indemnify Us against all costs, expenses, losses and/or damages arising out of any claim relating to Your use of the Caterads.com web site whether or not arising as a result of Your breach of these Terms and Conditions. Your statutory rights are not are not affected.
While We endeavour to ensure that the information on the Caterads.com web site is correct and up to date, We do not warrant the accuracy and completeness of the information. We may make changes to the information on the Caterads.com web site at any time without notice.
The information on the Caterads.com web site is provided "as is", without any conditions, warranties or other terms of any kind. Accordingly, to the maximum extent permitted by law, We exclude all representations, warranties, conditions and other terms which, but for these Terms and Conditions, might have effect in relation to the Caterads.com website.
14. Legal Jurisdiction
This agreement shall be governed by English law and both You and We submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in relation to any dispute under this agreement.
If any clause of these Terms is found by any court or administrative body of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, such invalidity or unenforceability shall not affect the other provisions of these terms which shall remain in full force and effect.